Monday, June 21, 2010

Introduction and welcome to my blog

I am a keen bicycle touring Malaysian aged 54 who found nothing better to do after I was forced into early retirement a few years back.Ever since I had completed 3 tours ( 18 days euro tour in 2006 , 7 months beijing2london in 2007 and one month Taiwan tour 2009 ). This coming tour starting from my hometown in Kuala Kangsar,Perak up north to Penang to join my riding partner Brent Leslie ,a New Zealander who had completed his 2 years assignment and wants to travel back there by bike. I came to know Brent thru' CGOAB who is looking for ride partner, so frankly, I am very thankful to him for accomodating me in his trip. Hopefully, we can click till the end of the trip,2 totally strange souls who never met,put togehter on the road for 5-6 months, challenging the world toughest and most extream terrian and weather,whether the mission a success or failure, Who cares??!!! The joy and fun ( of course with pains and sweats as well ) of this trip is in the process of everyday cycling where opportunities to interect with the locals,understanding their unique way of life in term of cultures and religions.Brent and I might be stranger now but we had one thing in common, is the Passion and Love for bicycle touring. So friends, do follow us all the way in our journels and drop your sweet word of encouragements for extra power up the Himalayas!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

u r d man i believe u can scale any hills! bravo bro ming....great inspiration for me to follow suit 1 day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Meng

All the best and am sure you will have a great time.

Take care and God bless.

Cheng Hong

Thighland Meng said...

Thanks Cheng Hong

Anonymous said...

Hi brother Meng,

Have a safe & wonderful trip. Will pray for u!

God bless,
Alan Hoo

Bromptonboy said...

Hi Meng! I will follow your new epic journey with fascination & jealousy! Safe travels.

Anonymous said...

Bro. Meng
To get through the hardest & toughest journey you would need to take only one peddle at a time, but you must keep on peddling. We hoped that the trip would be the best of all journeys!

On behalf of TTK;
WooWW

Thighland Meng said...

Thanks alan/woo/bromptonboy

With all your best support,I am confident. Sure-lah keep pedelling ,cannot one pedel at a time one .Like that you find me on the floor one.

Anonymous said...

Bro Meng,
Well said, will see you on the road as scheduled. Keep TTK updated as and when available as we stay tuned for the latest update from Himalaya (in HD?).
Cheers from TTK. Meng Memang Boleh!

Anonymous said...

Nice post. Thanks.