Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day 25,26,27/07 Thu,Fri,Sat - Goodbye to Brent and Having Dinner with Relatives in Bangkok

22/23/24/07  spending : 1614 baht    Total :  10417 baht                                                                                Riding Distance - 24.3 km      Total : 1755.7km

After started this cycling tour with Brent from Penang on the 1st of July,we finally had to say goodbye to each other here in Bangkok.Brent has just left to catch a long distance train to Nong Kai at 8 pm.He will cycle across the Friendship Bridge over the Mekong River to Vientiane in Laos,and then head north to Luan Prabang...As for me,I will continue riding from Bangkok and head west to Kanchanaburi,a mountainous and forested region near the Myanmar border, head north to Chiang Mai and cross to Laos.We will keep in touch thru' our blogs or email.Hopefully,we can meet and ride together again in Chengdu,China estimated begining of Oct.That's my rough plan at the moment.Also taking the oppotinity of 3 rest days here to meet up with my relatives in Bangkok and a dinner in a HongKong restaurant.My relatives who stay in Din Daeng about 24 km away from Banglamphu,too me almost 4 hours to ride battling with the horrible traffics in the city of Bangkok.I considered the worst and bicycle unfriendly city that I ever experienced.Tomorrow I will hit the road again,being Sunday,hopefully the traffic is light and easy to get the hell out of here.For sure,I will miss the company of my good cycling mate Brent...But that's what it takes to be a true tour cyclist - Come what may and be prepared !!!!


Wat Bowonniwetwiharn Ratchaworawiharn
Night view of Rama VIII bridge
Rama VIII bridge bottom view over the Chao Praya River
Garden view along the River
Cycling in the city of Bangkok to my relative house
An expensive dinner at a HongKong restaurant with my relatives
Saying Goodbye to Brent on his way to the railway station in Bella-Bella guesthouse

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brater Meng,
Its Meng Boleh, the lone ranger to conquer the quest to Himalaya. Take extra preventive measure and ride safe. TTK always with you on moral and "spiritual" support. Go, Go Ride IT!

ass34234 said...

and now the road awaits the lonely rider!.. "hit the road jack" :)

9W2OCC SHAM aka Misai Tanglooong said...

as bro TTK told you,,,

ride safe and take beauty scenery bro,,,

diogo pedro,,,

yes Hit The Road Jack,,,
what a nice song it is,,,

Adrian Ming said...

Chuan Ko,

Keep it up and be strong. I'm sure you'll endure all the way. Hopefully you'll meet Brent in Chengdu. Ride safe and take care.

Anonymous said...

Hi Meng,
Oo..lucky me to stumble upon your adventure trip again when it's still hot & sizzling. All I can say for now is, "all the best to you and ride with a tail wind always."
Have a nice day..

Chong5

Thighland Meng said...

Thanks all for the advice.I am now in Chiang Mai. Will stay here for 3 nights b4 continue to ride to the golden triangle.