Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 30 Tue 27/07 - Overnight Bus turn out Overnight Train to Chaing Mai

Today spending : 1274 baht    Total : 12414 baht

The original plan of an overnight bus from Nakhon Pathom to Chiang Mai,unexpectedly changed to an overnight train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai.The reason was due to Udom/Tao couldn't secure a bus ticket (fully booked),instead they bought the train ticket.I could visualise the troubles they had to endure to fetch me to Bangkok which is 80 km from here. We arrived at the train station ,half an hour early before the train schedule to leave at 7.35pm.Udom/Tao helps me to carry my bags while I wheel my bike to the luggage carrier. My seat is the bottom sleeper with another bed on top and it cost 850baht plus another 90 for the bike.I guess this must be the most expensive seat in the train.A normal bus ticket only cost 300 baht. Really caused a big dent in my pocket whatsmore -with no place to air my frustration!! I was hungry and helpless left with no choice but to ordered a dinner of simple sweet&sour chicken rice top with a bowl of lousy soup and few slices of oxidised apples for another 180 baht, which normally don't cost more than 80 in the street and taste so much better. There is not much to see or do ,so I went to bed early on a noisy,rough and rocky night.


































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.