Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 45 Wed 11/8 - Ban Nam Phre Homestay to Vieng Phoukha

Today Distance : 27.9 km    Total : 2652.3 km
Today Weather : 26 - 33C   Intermittent rian the whole day
Time on Bike : 1 hr  26 min
Ave Speed : 19.3 kmh      Max : 61.5 kmh
Ave Climb : 3%                Max : 8%
Trip Altitude : 168 m         Max : 0
Today Spend : 109000k   Total : 322000k

Vieng Phoukha was my intented stay yesterday,but because of the rain and exhaustion, I was forced to put up with the Lao homestay. That,s probably the reason for a short ride of 28 km today, another reason is to have a good rest and a chance to wash the dirty bike and clothings, to dry under the sun to get rid of the smell. Sorts of re-organising myself after 2 days of  hard rainy ride. Vieng Phoukha, surprisingly is not what I expected to be a moderate town, It is just another bigger village than the rest on the main route 3, but there are a few guest houses, a small market and many groceries stalls, missing are the many eatery stalls like in Thailand. I did a little marketing and cooked my own dinner in the Phuet Mung Khun Guest house. I like this wooden chalet style guest house , with a big grass land outside where I dried my clothing. Very cheap 30000k,but electricity supply only from 7 pm - 10 pm.
Misty wet morning to start the ride



One of the tourist attractions in town

Hardware store

Afternoon market scene


Good wash and dry with a bid grass land outside the guest house

simple room

Dinner with sardin, beam fried with eggs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fuyoh, can feed a whole Samsom guy family (last pic).
Best wishes and safe journey to you.
Chong5