Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 75 Fri 10/09 - Hill Slope Camp to Sapa

Today Distance : 12.3 km    Total : 3990.5 km
Today Weather : 25 - 32C   Sunny with Mountain Cool breeze
Time on Bike : 1 hr  58 min
Ave Speed : 6.2 kmh   Max : 30.5 kmh
Ave Climb : 5%    Max : 11%
Today Spend : 393000vnd    Total : 9403000vnd

It took me 2 hours of continuous climbing for the last 11 km and finally I am in Sapa. As expected no downhill as Sapa is located at an altitude of 1500m above sea level, Southwest 7 km lies the roof of Indochina and the highest peak in Vietnam, the Fansipan 3143m. Due to its beautiful and stunning mountains sceneries,coolness in temperature and the ethic minorities of black H'mong,Dao,Tay with their colorful traditional dress, Sapa is very touristic. Lots of hotels,shops and restaurants in town. Foods and drinks are expensive, but the hotel rates are quite reasonable due to a very competitive market. Cat Cat Hotel where I stayed has a vey big clean room for 7 usd.I was a clear potential target when I rode into the town, many hotel runners came to approach me " Sir, do you has a room?" and my priority is reasonable rate 1st and then follow to view the room. I was quite satisfied on my first try and booked for 3 days and got a discount of 2usd. I love this place, just relax may be to visit some hill tribes villages, before back track to Lao Cai. I had climbed all my way up here, and certainly I won't want to miss the DOWNHILL!!!!









2 comments:

TS BOk said...

Very nice scenery, do share more pics with us ya. I hope the new camera won't let you down. :). Keep on riding Meng! Meng Boleh!

Thighland Meng said...

The new camera is excellent, I love it.