Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 37 Tue 03/08 - Chiang Dao to Fang

Today Distance : 82.3 km     Total : 2269.5 km
Today Temp : 22 - 28C
Time on Bike : 4 hr  40 min
Ave Speed : 17.6 kmh        Max : 53.5 kmh
Ave Climb : 2 %                 Max : 9 %
Trip Altitude : 626 m          Max : 795 m
Today Speed : 416 baht     Total : 17099 baht

A raining day started early in the morning and it continues on and off on and off for several occasions.I went to the morning market for breakfast while hoping that the rain will stop,but it seems like a long life rain. So I prepared to ride anyway with my superlight rain coat on.Whenever the rain get unbearable, I took shether in the nearest cover.On one of the fruit stall, I even felt asleep when the bamboo "bed" looks so tempting. On the way, I met a couple tour cyclists from Nederland just started the ride from Chiang Mai for 2-3 weeks tour of Thailand and Laos.Another rest stop, I saw a  family of Burmese Thai slaughter a baby big after having burnt it to dead.As i moves further north, the normal white rice changed to the basket sticky rice,but when you are hungry, you can;t be choosy. By 4.45 pm, sunshine greeted me as I rolled in Fang. The 1st guesthouse UK hotel ask for 250 baht , but I later found another hotel for 150 baht. You wouldn't believe it, the place is like an opion house but what attracted me to stay is a big bathroom and a satellite TV. The Internet in town too is super Hi speed with only 10 baht per hour,the cheapest so far in Thailand.

Wet...wet..morning start

Nederland couple on 2-3 weeks tour of Thailand and Laos

Greenery with limestone hills

Rolling roads so nice

Saw some smoke from the rest stop

And this is what happen

Sticky rice in basket with deep fried talapia

Approaching the town of Fang

How lucky we malaysian and yet we like to complain

"hotel" in Fang

opium room for 150 baht

but I stay for the big bathroom and satellite tv

2 comments:

ChrisW said...

Wow Meng, the Fang opium den reminds me of army training camps in Taiwan and Brunei, but still better than camping outside, Got to try any opium ? ha ha.

Unknown said...

great! that you have another host Ming

i wish all people who saw a cyclist should offer them as guest .

you guy do a hard job for whole day isn't it
take care

jew