Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 61 Fri 27/08 - Xam Neua another Rainy Rest Day

Today Weather : 22 - 28C   Rain the whole Day
Today Spend : 85000k    Total : 2086000k

It was stii early in the morning, the rain already started while i am still sleeping in my tent at the bus station. I was not in a hurry as i am planning to stay in a guesthouse in town just about 2 km from the station. Anyway I had to packed up early as more and more people arrived with the buses and tuk-tuk. Xam Neua, the provincial capital of Houapanh, is no better than Phonsavan in term of facilities, but the few guesthouses here are extremly expensive at 80000k, which is double that I had stayed so far. As I go in search for a reasonable one, the locals are staring at me curiously. Finally I found one 35000k, but the conditions were next to a prostitute den.No heater, no tv , the pillow case ,blanket and bed sheet were old and smelly, wonder how long they haven't been washed. The only Internet in town was too slow to do any blog update, not worth paying 10000k/ hour. In view of the frequent rains, I am toying with the idea of just taking bus to Hanoi, although my Laos exit is on the 6th Sept. Hopefully the weather in Hanoi is much more conducive for cycling.
Riding into Xam Neua
Landmark in Xam Neua
A colourful govnment building
A Vietnamese funded bridge
Lots of Vietnam influence here
A gate to the Temple
Buddhist temple
Vietnamese food
Room in Xam Neua- Prostitute den

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good point, though sometimes it's hard to arrive to definite conclusions